Sausage and Corn Griddle Cakes
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 sausages, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (or substitute for 8 slices bacon)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup corn (frozen, fresh, or canned will work)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- maple syrup for serving
- Cook sausage (or bacon) until it begins to brown. Add onion and cook until meat is crisp.
- Combine flour, chives, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix in milk, egg, and oil, taking care not to overmix. Stir in sausage mixture, corn, and cheese.
- Heat and grease a skillet. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and cook until golden brown. 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat.
- Serve with sausage mixture and maple syrup.