Roasted Pumpkin Quiche with Gorgonzola and Sage
The perfect addition to any Autumnal brunch you have coming up. Beautiful flavours blend perfectly together in this quiche.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- For the pastry:
- 225 grams plain flour
- 125 grams butter
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large sage leaves, chopped
- For the filling:
- 480 grams roasted pumpkin
- 60 ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 100 grams Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
1. To make the pastry, add the plain flour and butter to a large mixing bowl. Rub butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add in the sage leaves and evenly distribute. Then add 3 Tbsp cold water and bring everything together with your hands adding the additional water if necessary. Roll into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll to fit a 9 inch deep tart tin. Prick the base all over with a fork. Place the tin back into the fridge for 15-20 minutes to rest.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F.
4. Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment and baking beans and put back in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. Meanwhile, place the roasted pumpkin and water into a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a can of pumpkin puree if you are in a hurry- just don’t add any additional water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place the tart case onto a baking sheet. Pour the pumpkin puree into the tart case and spread evenly. Crumble the gorgonzola over the pumpkin puree evenly.
7. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt as the Gorgonzola is quite salty too. Pour the mixture over the Gorgonzola making sure it doesn’t overflow.
8. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is set and golden brown. Remove and cool on a rack till just warm.
9. Garnish with fried or fresh sage.