Baked Oatmeal-Stuffed Apples
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the top off the apple and scoop out the inner flesh and pit.
2. In a small pot, combine oats and water over medium-low heat until soft and creamy. Stir in cinnamon and maple syrup. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Carefully fill the empty apple shells with the oatmeal mixture and place the apples on a baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the apple is soft.
4. Let cool very slightly once removed from the oven. Top it off with raisins or craisins and pecans before serving.