Annie’s Holiday German Pancake
Annie is one of our Graphic Designers here at SPUD HQ. This dish is one of Annie’s family holiday classics. Picture a Yorkshire pudding but sweet: it’s crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and topped with your choice of sweet toppings (ex. Maple syrup or your fruit of choice). Serve for breakfast for the whole family to enjoy.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Plus any desired toppings
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Heat a cast-iron pan enough to melt the butter, then set aside.
3) Beat eggs with a hand blender, then incorporate milk, flour, salt, vanilla, and sugar. Blend until foamy, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet and put in the oven.
4) Bake until sides puff up around the edge of the pan and turn golden brown. 15-20 minutes. Ideally, you want the sides to be crispy and the middle soft.
5) Cut like a pizza (so everyone gets the beloved crispy crust). Top with maple syrup, fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar, cardamom (this makes it extra Christmassy), or fresh fruit/fruit preserves - whatever suits your fancy.