Gingerbread Oat Pancakes
A hearty oat pancake with a light gingerbread flavour.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ cup oat flour (blend rolled oats)
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- ¼ tsp powdered cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs molasses
Makes 4-5 pancakes
1. Blend rolled oats into a flour in a food processor or blender.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients as you mix. (Because of the oats this will make a thicker batter. Add more almond milk if necessary)
4. Heat a lightly greased non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
5. Add approx. ¼ cup of batter into the pan to form a circle. Spread if necessary.
6. When the sides of the pancake are cooked and the bottom is golden, slide a large spatula under the pancake and flip to cook on the other side.
7. Cook until both sides are golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
8. Serve with coconut whip, maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. (Or whatever else you want!)