Jolly Good English Shortbread - Holiday
A holiday classic!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of powered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (unsifted)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease cookie sheet.
1. In a large bowl add butter and sugar and cream using your mixer on medium speed. Add the vanilla and keep blending. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix to a firm dough.
2. Pat out the dough on a cookie sheet to a uniform thickness then prick it all over with a fork to break any bubbles.
3. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Remove and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
(Tip: Place a wooden cutting board on top of the pan and carefully turn the pan and board over. Removing the pan should leave the shortbread on the cutting board. If it sticks try tapping one edge of the pan to release it.)
5. Cut the shortbread into serving sized pieces while it it still warm. Allow cut pieces to cool completely before storing away.