Berry-licious Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
This 5-ingredient strawberry frozen yogurt is refreshing and fruity, making it the perfect cool down treat on a hot day. It’s much lighter than a cream-based ice cream, and is bursting with the mouth-watering flavour of fresh strawberries.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups full fat yogurt
1. Place the strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Use a potato masher to mash up the strawberries as the mixture is heating. As soon as all of the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the yogurt, until completely incorporated.
3. Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl, cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Once chilled, pour into ice cream bowl.
4. Set ice cream maker to ICE CREAM setting and churn.
5. Once mixture is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 1 week.