Vegan Eggnog - 'Vegnog'
Vegnog is awesome. It’s got all of the holiday flavours, with just enough sweetness, and a new level of creaminess introduced through the coconut milk. It’s still a treat, but it won’t leave you with the same kind of sugar hangover endured with traditional eggnog.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 4-6 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
1. If you’re planning to use raw cashews, soak the nuts for at least 30 minutes before blending. The cashews help to thicken up, and add a boost of creaminess to your nog. But if you prefer a thinner drink, you can omit this step.
2. Combine all of the ingredients (including the soaked and rinsed cashews) to your blender.
3. Blend on high until smooth.
4. Serve immediately as is, or with rum, bourbon, brandy, or whiskey, and a pinch of ground nutmeg on top!