Pavlova with Fresh Berries and Cream
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- For the meringue:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the topping:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Caster sugar
- Fresh berries
- Mint (to garnish)
- For the raspberry coulis:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
To make the meringue:
1. Preheat your oven to 150C. On two oven trays that have been lined with baking paper, draw two circles that are approximately 15cm in diameter. This will be the size of your meringues. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl or food processor, whisk egg whites until fluffy. Stiff peaks that can hold themselves up should begin to form.
3 .Switch mixer to high speed, and gradually add the sugar. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to get the sugar at the top of the bowl.
4. Add the salt, then continue to mix on high until the mixture has turned into a shiny, smooth, white batter.
5. Returning back to your baking sheet with the drawn circles, divide the mixture between the two circles and bake for approximately 90 minutes. You can tell the meringue has finished cooking when the meringue is firm to the touch, and ever so slightly browned in colour.
6. Set aside until completely cool.
For the raspberry coulis:
1. In a small pot, combine all coulis ingredients and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat slightly and cook until all of the sugar has dissolved (2-3 minutes). Set aside.
1. To assemble the pavlova, lay one meringue round on a serving dish, then spread a generous layer of fresh whipping cream and some of the fresh berries. Lay the second layer of meringue down over top, then cover with another layer of fresh cream and berries. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, and pour the raspberry coulis over the pavlova just before serving.