Award Winning Creamy Mashed Potatoes - Holiday Dinner
Spif, Master Chef, Spud.ca Culinary Institute
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 5 lbs potatoes, yellow creamer or Yukon Gold are best
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, flattened and chopped
- 1 head roasted garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup grated or crumbled cheese
- ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika (a generous 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
1)Wash and quarter potatoes. Place in a large pot and fill with water so the potatoes are just covered. If you love garlic, peel a few more cloves and put them in (whole) with the potatoes. Place on the stove and bring water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 45 minutes. Test with a fork to see if the top potatoes easily break apart.
2)Drain water. With potatoes in pot, add roasted garlic and mash potatoes lightly. Stir in remaining ingredients - other than half of the milk - and continue mashing until blended, but don't overdo it. Add milk to reach desired consistency.