Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cauliflower
- 5-10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small, heavy saucepan add the chopped garlic and salt to the avocado oil and over very, very low heat gently cook the garlic until it is golden brown. I cannot stress enough the importance of low heat and watching garlic as it gently cooks. This process can take 20-30 minutes so patience is important.
- In the meantime, put whole cauliflower in a steamer and steam it for 25 minutes until it is cooked through. If you don’t have steamer large enough, try putting cauliflower on top of the cut off trimmings in a large saucepan with a small amount of water in the bottom and steam it that way.
- As soon as garlic is a deep golden-brown remove pot from heat…you don’t want this dark brown or burned as it becomes bitter. It can be kept at room temperature until you are ready to serve the cauliflower.
- Carefully remove whole cauliflower from pot and place in serving dish. Pour oil and garlic evenly over head of cauliflower and serve. The garlic should be crispy and the oil will be flavoured by it. This dish looks so elegant and can accompany any meal.