Naked Slow Cooker Apple Butter
This naked apple butter has minimal seasonings to let the beautiful flavour of apples shine! Enjoy it as is, or use it as a base for any other flavours you want to add in.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 lbs cooking apples, cored & chopped (peels included)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of lemon juice
- Place chopped apples in a slow cooker, set it to high and cook for 4 hours. Give it a few stirs during that time so apples don't stick to the bottom. You can add some apple juice or apple cider vinegar to help combat this as well
- After 4 hours, mash the apples in the slow cooker. They should be soft enough to mash with a potato masher.
- Let the mashed apples cool a slightly, and then scoop them into a high-speed blender. If your blender is small, you may have to do it in batches. Blend, starting on low and working up to max speed, until the mixture is smooth and buttery
- Pour this smooth mixture back into the slow cooker, turn the heat to high, and cook uncovered for about 45-75 minutes, until it is as thick as you want it.
- When the apple butter has reached your desired consistency, add cinnamon to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice and stir to mix well
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge