Stir-fries are excellent ways to help you get the proper amount of fruit and vegetables in your diet. Fruit, you ask? Well, tomatoes are actually fruits (they're just vegetables for tax reasons) and - look at this - there's grapefruit in here! This is a vegetarian recipe, but it also goes well with shrimp or chicken. If adding uncooked, do so at the third step. If adding cooked, do so at the fifth step.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 cups broccoli, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, diced
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled & diced
- finely chopped green onion
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add onion & garlic. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add celery, veggie broth & ginger.
- Bring broth to a boil, add broccoli & cauliflower & simmer for 3-5 minutes with a lid on.
- Add snow peas, mushrooms & carrot, stirring until they start to wilt.
- Remove from heat. Toss with soy sauce, grapefruit & green onions.
- Serve over your favourite quinoa, rice or noodles.