Vegetable Chop Suey
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 head Broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cups Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, quartered & sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin
1) Bring several cups of water to boil in the bottom section of a vegetable steamer. Put the chopped broccoli and sliced carrots into the steamer basket.
2) Once water is boiling, place basket over steaming water, cover with lid and allow to steam for five minutes. Then add the chopped bok choy and sliced green pepper to basket.
3) Toss well and steam for another five minutes, then remove from heat. Blanche veggies, rinsing with cold water until they are cooled, then set aside.
4) In a small sauce pan, pour the vegetable broth, and whisk cornstarch until smooth.
5) Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often until thickened evenly. After several minutes, the mixture will become clear. Add the tamari, and seasonings, mixing in well.
6) Remove from heat, taste, and adjust seasonings to suit your personal preference. Pour the steamed, cooled veggies into a medium-size mixing bowl.
7) Gently fold in the finished chop suey sauce, until evenly distributed.