Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups cubed yams
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and cubed buttercup squash
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans (15 oz can, drained)
1)Warm the oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 5 min.
2)Add the squash, celery, carrots, yams, oregano, salt, pepper, and water and cook for 10 min or until the yams are almost done.
3)Add the kale and beans and simmer for another 5 to 7 min, until the kale is tender and the beans are hot.
4)Makes 12 cups. Serve immediately.