Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 zucchini, scrubbed, ends trimmed, and chopped
- Two 32-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, chopped and juices retained
1)In a large, heavy pot, heat the oil over moderate heat, then add the onions, celery, and garlic, and cook, stirring, till softened, about 2 minutes.
2)Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, 3 minutes longer to soften.
3)Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour, adding a little water if the stew begins to get too thick.