Blueberry Ginger Granita
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 3/4 lb fresh blueberries, about 2 1/2 cups (thawed if frozen)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
1. Finely grind ginger with sugar in a food processor. Add blueberries and purée until smooth. Force purée through a fine sieve into an 8- to 9-inch baking pan, pressing hard on solids (discard solids). Stir in water and lime juice.
2. Freeze, stirring and crushing lumps with a fork every hour, until evenly frozen, about 4 hours total. Scrape with a fork to lighten texture, crushing any lumps.
Serve immediately or freeze, covered, up to 3 days - re-scrape to lighten texture again if necessary.