Country Gardens Pasta Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 12 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
1)Sauté onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers, celery and garlic; cook until onions are translucent.
2)Add the mushrooms. Sauté over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the zucchini.
3)Add the tomatoes, water, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.