Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote with Mint
Serve the compote over vanilla or strawberry ice cream, angel food cake, pancakes, or waffles.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 cups 1/2-inch-wide pieces fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1-pint container fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine rhubarb, sugar and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in strawberries. Transfer to a bowl and stir in mint.
- Chill until cold, about 1 hour.