Acorn Squash Dinner Bowls
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 good-sized acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, strings removed, and diced
- 1 cup cubed squash (pumpkin, acorn, butternut, hubbard, or kabocha)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1)Preheat the oven to 350F.
2)Wash the whole acorn squash and cut them into halves lengthwise. Remove the seeds and set aside the cleaned acorn squash halves.
3)In a heavy skillet, saute the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, cubed squash, and mushrooms in coconut oil over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
4)Add the parsley and sage
5)Mound the stuffing into the squash halves and place the stuffed squash bowls on a large baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake until the squash is tender and the stuffing is done, about 1 hour.
6)Once done, you should be able to pierce the squash with a fork, top with chopped nuts.