Grilled Portobello Burger
The steak of veggie burgers, this is fun and easy to prepare and always brings out compliments. If you've got a hard-core meat eater around, then just put the portobello on top of the meat. It'll make it better.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 buns, lightly toasted
- 4 roasted red peppers
1) Brush mushrooms and onion slices with oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
2) Light BBQ or heat large skillet or grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and peppers, cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Transfer mushrooms to plate, cavity side up; cover to keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, cook onion slices until golden, about 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
4) Meanwhile, combine in small bowl, 1/2 of the avocado, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
5) Spoon onions and roasted peppers into mushroom cavities, divided equally. Spread smooth Avocado mixture on bottom of each bun; top each with stuffed mushrooms.