Crispy Garlic'd Yam Wedge Fries
We're adding a little more to a popular side dish. Take the sweet crispiness of yam fries and add the savory bite of garlic - plus the comfort of making them at home! Great with so many meals and a full time crowd-pleaser.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium yams
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic (dry or very finely crushed & minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Set a pot of water on the oven to a low boil and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut each yam into 12 wedges and, when the water is hot, place in the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, when yams look like they are softening, remove them from the water and let cool & dry for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl, add oil and softly toss to coat yams. Add spices, and softly toss again to coat.
- Place yams on baking tray lightly coated with oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until crisp.