Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 ripe avocados (based on large or medium sized)
- 1/2 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (red onions are great for this)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp paprika (try a hot spice for some extra zest!)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste (at least 2 tsp recommended)
1)In a large bowl, remove the meat from avocados, saving the stones. Mash with a fork.
2)Sprinkle 3 small (thumb and 2 fingers) pinches of salt over it, add the garlic, paprika (or chili, if desired), lime juice and cilantro and mix.
3)Add tomatoes and onions and mix again. Taste, adding salt and pepper if necessary - be warned, this will need less salt than you expect. Add only a tiny bit at a time. Mix and let sit for a few minutes before tasting and adding more.