Coconut Green Pea Risotto
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 med yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup peas, rinsed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1. In medium saucepan, heat broth and coconut milk until bubbly, then reduce to low and continue simmering the liquid.
2. Steam the peas until heated through and slightly tender, but still firm. Set aside.
3. Sauté onion until translucent over medium heat in the oil. Add rice and stir constantly for about three minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Add 1 ladle of liquid. Continue stirring rice constantly until it absorbs most of the liquid. Keep working this way, adding one ladleful at a time and stirring constantly, until the rice is the desired tenderness.
5. Add peas and salt to taste then remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and serve.