Cherry and Pluot Crisp with an Oat and Nut Topping
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted
- 4 cups pluots (or plums), pitted and sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest (rind)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/2 cup Butter or Buttery Spread
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- pinch of allspice (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the filling ingredients together and place in baking dish.
Mix all of the dry topping ingredients together. Chop in the butter (or marg) and mix well. Spread over top of the filling in the dish. If desired, leave out the nuts until the end and sprinkle over top.
Bake in oven for 45 minutes, checking after 30 for doneness, or until filling is bubbly and top has browned.
Serve warm or cold with your favourite side.