Spicy Peach Relish
A zesty combination that makes a superb topping for all types of main courses. This is especially good on burgers and fish, but try it on steaks, chicken or tofu! The smokiness of grilling adds just a little something more to this taste, so get it ready for your next grill night!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped (approx 2 cups)
- 1/2 lemon, seeded and cut in quarters
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1)Combine 1/2 of the peaches and lemon with the sugar, vinegar, ginger and cloves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
2)Remove from heat and let cool. Remove lemon pieces and cloves.
3)In a large bowl mix all other ingredients. When glaze has cooled, blend it in.