Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 pizza crust (or package of mix)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced in thirds or quarters
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 inches of fresh thyme sprigs, cut into 1/2 inch sections
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 cup Daiya Mozza Cheese-Style Shreds
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Sea Salt
1)Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Toss tomatoes, garlic and thyme in 1 tbsp coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and put in oven for 40 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to make sure the bottoms aren't burning, check again at the 30 minute mark. Turn if necessary.
3)While the tomatoes are cooking, if using a mix, prepare the pizza dough as per instructions. Feel free to put the crust in the oven with the tomatoes for the initial baking.
4)Turn the oven up to 450 degrees.
5)Brush the crust with oil and spread the tomatoes over the pizza crust, pressing down to make a thin layer. You will have some tomatoes left over. Distribute the garlic evenly (or mash in with the tomatoes).
6)Tear the basil and place around the pizza top, with some space in between the torn leaves. Chop the rest of the basil into thin strips and set aside. Top the pizza with Daiya mozza.
7)Bake pizza for about 10 minutes, checking after 7 or 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped basil and Parmesan over top. Slice and serve.