Light Summer Tomato Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 3 cups canned tomatoes (diced, crushed or whole, but chopped)
- 4 flattened cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup basil leaves and stems, crumpled
- 4 inches fresh 6 inches of fresh oregano sprigs
- 4 inches fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 - 2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
1)In a large saucepan or pot heat oil to slightly over medium heat.
2)Add onion and sautee until transparent. Add peppers and garlic, sautee for 5 minutes then pour in white wine. Cook for 5 minutes more.
3)Lower heat by 1/3 and add tomatoes and herbs. Stir thoroughly and cook until bubbling begins.
4)Turn heat to low or medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes more, while preparing pasta, then remove herbs and serve.