Latin Tomato Olive Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup drained capers
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
- ground pepper
1)In a large saucepan, heat oil over med-high heat (about 60-65% heat) until shimmering but not smoking. Cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes in the heated oil, stirring to even the heat.
2)Add tomatoes and herbs, cooking for about 5 more minutes. Once the tomatoes are beginning to break down, add the remaining ingredients and cook at medium low heat (about 40% heat) for a few more minutes. Remove bay leaves, season with salt and pepper to your taste and serve.