Chocolate for Dipping Fruit
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 12 oz dark chocolate, or your favourite chocolate bar
- 2 tsp butter or shortening (optional, but recommended)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 4 oz white chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
Prepare your double boiler:
- Fill bottom pot with enough water so it won't go dry, but the top pot can NOT be touching the water.
- Place the ingredients (except fruit) in the top half and set aside.
- Heat the water in the bottom part to boiling.
Place the top half of the double boiler on the bottom and let chocolate melt, stirring to mix ingredients.
Once melted, dip fruit in chocolate, then place on wax paper to cool. Refrigerate for about half an hour to set chocolate. Roll in chopped nuts, or sprinkle on top, when partially set, if desired.
Using skewers and a white chocolate drizzle is a nice addition to the presentation. Prepare white chocolate in a separate double boiler and lightly drizzle over chocolate dipped fruit after chocolate has set (or partially set). A spoon will work for drizzling, or a plastic bag with a tiny hole in it, wielded like an icing bag.