Enchiladas Vegan Style
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (crushed chilis)
- a sprinkle of smoky paprika
- 1 large can (19 oz) black, pinto or kidney beans
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Veggie ground round, or other faux meat
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Daiya non-dairy shreds
- 1 chopped tomato
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Sauté mushrooms and onions, with some fresh ground pepper, in oil over medium heat until onion are transparent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and spices, cook for a couple of minutes then add beans. Mash slightly, add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, and the veggie ground, then stir in mushrooms and onions. Once mixed and warmed, remove from heat.
4. Cover bottom of casserole dish with tomato sauce.
5. Sprinkle a little cheese on open tortillas. Spoon in filling and wrap tightly.
6. Lay in casserole, seam side down, and top with remaining tomato sauce. Be sure to cover all of the tortilla bits.
7. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and fresh tomato and return to oven for 10 minutes (or 5 minutes on broil). Cheese should be melted, but not too darkened.