Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/4 kg lentils, well washed and picked over
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 c lemon juice (or more, to taste)
1)Place the lentils in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
2)In a large casserole heat the oil brown the onion.
3)Add the garlic and coriander, stir well and then add the spinach. Sauté for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
4)Add the potatoes, lentils. and enough of the lentil cooking liquor to cover.
5)Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is thick and soupy (about 1 hour).
6)Stir in the lemon juice. Serve hot or lukewarm.