Vegan Cherry Ice Cream
A deliciously creamy dairy-free ice cream. Coconut milk gives this vegan treat a sweet and tropical undertone, and provides the perfect flavour complement to fresh cherries.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
1. Put pitted cherries, coconut milk, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan and heat on medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture has thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
2. Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl, cover and refrigerate until well chilled. (Optional: once the mixture has cooled, puree in a blender).
3. Stir in the lemon juice and pour into ice cream bowl. Set ice cream maker to ICE CREAM setting and churn.
4. Once mixture is frozen transfer to a freezer safe container and freezer for up to 1 week.