Pasta with Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes and Capers
This recipe works wonders with sultry music and a nice glass of wine. It is also delicious with some heavy greens, such as chard or kale in with the roasted veggies, and topped with thin shavings of your favourite cheese, such as Parmesan or Mozzarella. Roasted pine nuts or walnuts are another great garnish.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- Pasta for 4 people (1/2 to 2/3 cup each)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped in bite size peices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced cross-wise
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, flattened and diced
- 2 Tbsp (heaping) of capers
- 3 tbsp raisins (don't forget these!)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 oz (6-8 Tbsp) Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- a small handful fresh basil leaves, torn (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- about 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Prepare water for heating or cooking pasta and preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped veggies with remaining ingredients (other than pasta) until veggies are coated with liquids.
- Pour contents of bowl in a thin layer onto oven-save baking dish and place in hot oven. Don't bother washing the bowl just yet...
- Roast veggies for 20 minutes, lightly turning about 12 minutes in. You don't want them soft, keep some crispness in the asparagus.
- Cook and drain pasta. When the veggies are done, place everything back into your large bowl (remember the bowl?) and toss gently.
- Serve in warm bowls with your favourite side dish.