Spinach Curry (Saag)
This is not the prettiest recipe you'll ever make (in fact, it might be the ugliest). However, it's guaranteed to be the tastiest thing on the table. Bonus points—it's got lots of garlic and spinach, so it's great for keeping you healthy.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1-2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 lb spinach (about 8 cups. You can substitute any greens you like)
- 1 c. water
- 2. tsp salt, or to taste
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- Saute onion till golden brown on medium heat. Add garlic, coriander, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne. Turn heat to high, and saute for 1-2 minutes (don't let spices burn).
- Stir in spinach, water, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Puree using stick blender. If using regular blender, allow mixture to cool first.
- Return to pot, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, return to simmer, and serve.