Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Roasted Veggies
Whether you're vegan or not, you can love grilled cheese sandwiches. If you're like me and love roasted veggies, well, here's a great reason to roast some right now!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 zucchini
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary (1 or 2 springs)
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes and zucchini. Mix in a bowl with olive oil until all sides are coated. Mix again with Balsamic vinegar and herbs. Place on baking tray and cook for 25 minutes, turning after 15.
- Preheat a good sized pan over medium-high heat (closer to medium, but just above) on the stove top. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Distribute cheese evenly over non-buttered sides. Once veggies are cooked, place a layer of zucchini on two of the slices and tomato on the other, then mix and match to close the sandwiches.
- Place a closed sandwich (or two, if the pan is big enough you lucky duck) in the pan and press down with a spatula. Let cook 3 or so minutes (check after 2 if the pan was already warm), until the bread is as toasted as you like. Filp and repeat, checking after 90 seconds.
Please note that you don't need to use all of the roasted veggies in this sandwich, they're great as side dishes, or on salads, or just fried up with eggs in the morning. Also, any other sweeter veggies can be used, such as peppers, mushrooms, onions or radishes.