Vegan Fettuccine with Mushrooms, Leeks and Sausage
A rustic vegan pasta dish with wine-braised leeks, wild mushrooms, and crumbled Smoked Apple Sage sausage. If using a meat sausage, look for a sweeter one to maintain flavour. Many other sausages, such as spicy ones, will work for a different bouquet, as will all types of mushrooms.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 oz wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz regular mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Field Roast sausages, crumbled
- 8 oz fettucini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded vegan cheese to serve
1) Remove the dark green parts of the leeks. Slice the remaining parts lengthwise, then crosswise into bite-sized pieces. Rinse and check to remove all grit. Shake and pat dry as much as possible.
2) Put fettuccine on to cook, according to package instructions.
3) In a large, high sided pan over medium-high heat, heat oil then leeks and stir to soften slightly. Add half of the wine, stir to work wine in, then cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
4) Move leeks to the side of the pan and add mushrooms to the center. If things seem too dry, add a little oil (not much!) and cook briefly to let them start to brown. Add remaining wine and stir all the ingredients together, when combined, add the crumbled sausage and cook for a couple more minutes, until warmed through.
5) Add cooked fettuccine to the pan and stir again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Top with shredded cheese to serve!
NOTE: if using a meat-based sausage, put it in the pan at the very beginning and only use oil when adding the mushrooms (if need be).