Blanched Chard & Garlic
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 6 cups of chard
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
1) Blanch the chard to perfection in a pot of salted boiling water for a couple of minutes.
2) Drain in a colander and leave to cool down a little.
3) Put a couple of good lugs of olive oil into a large frying pan or casserole type dish and add the sliced garlic.
4) Throw in your chard.
5) Cook on a medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes, moving the greens around the pan with a spoon.
6) Add your herbs and cook for a further minute.
7) Remove from the heat and season carefully to taste with salt and pepper, some good-quality extra virgin olive oil and enough lemon juice to give it a little kick.