Vegan Lemon Curd
Yields about 1 cup. A delicious and simple vegan lemon curd! Use as a basis for lemon pie or tarts, cake filling, or just on toast.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract (optional)
1. Whisk the coconut milk, lemon juice and zest, and maple syrup together in a bowl.
2. Pour mixture into saucepan over medium high heat, and whisk in the cornstarch.
3. Cook for 5-7 minutes, whisking constantly. The mixture should be smooth, and start to thicken.
4. Once the mixture has thickened, turn off the heat and stir in the extracts.
5. Cool to room temperature and pour into cooked tart shells (or other container). Store in refrigerator.