Slow Cooker Pumpkin, Chickpea, and Red Lentil Curry
Creamy, hearty, and full of flavor, this vegan Indian-inspired Crock Pot recipe is so easy to assemble. A perfect weeknight dinner for fall (or any season!)
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- White or brown rice (for serving)
- Fresh lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves
1. Add all ingredients except the coconut milk to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours or in high 5-6 hours. Stir in the coconut milk and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
3. The curry will be a bit thin at first; it thickens up as it sits.
4. Scoop over rice and serve with cilantro and fresh lime wedges to squeeze over the top.