Raw Almond Mayonnaise
In this recipe, the almonds are soaked, and then blended with classic mayo seasonings. The result is a plant-based, thick, and hearty sauce that fulfills the creaminess you look for in mayonnaise, but without all of the fat and preservatives found in certain brands. The smoothness of this recipe depends on how powerful your blender is. A sturdy blender will get your almond mayo silky smooth, but don’t worry, it’s still tasty even if a little chunky.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 cup soaked almonds (soak almonds for 8 hours and drain)
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 4 teaspoons agave or raw sugar
1, Soak your almonds in water for 8 hours, drain.
2. Place all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, into a blender and blend everything until it’s as smooth as you think it will get.
3. Keeping the blender on, slowly pour a thin stream of olive oil through the opening in the blender’s cover. Start with just adding ½ cup of oil, and continue until you reach the right consistency--it shouldn’t be more than ¾ cup.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more lemon juice or apple cider vinegar if you feel like it needs more tang, and add more agave or sugar if it needs some sweetening.