Vegan Mac & Cheese
Vegan mac & cheese may sound like an oxymoron, but this non-recipe will make you a believer!
This is a great base for adding in whatever else you have on hand. Broccoli, veggie ham, mushrooms, tofu dogs - everyone's welcome!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- Vegan Butter
- Macaroni Noodles
- Milk Alternative (unsweetened)
- Shredded Daiya Cheddar
- Nutritional Yeast
- Bread Crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 450º. Boil some water to cook the pasta, too.
2. Chop your vegetables (onion, garlic, anything else you're using).
3. In a pan, on medium-low, add vegan butter, onions & garlic, herbs (if you're fancy!) then the rest of your veg, veggie-bacon, whatever else you’re adding.
4. Cook that veg til it’s soft but not done. Then add a bit of milk alternative, enough to fill the bottom of the pan.
5. Put your macaroni in that pot of water that’s hopefully boiling by now. I just eyeballed the amount— I used almost a whole bag. Don’t forget about it!
6. Now add some Daiya to the veg mix, and stir, add a bit more milk, a bit more Daiya, stirring and adjusting until you have a good amount, and a good melty saucy texture. Follow your heart.
7. Add a splash of mustard & a couple spoons of nutritional yeast. You basically have the sauce now!
8. Strain the macaroni. Put it in an oven safe dish. Mix in the sauce.
9. Add on top: some more Daiya, nutritional yeast, and bread crumbs. Stick the dish in the oven.
10. Bake for 15 min or so and remove it from the oven. Allow to cool slightly before serving.