Roasted Endive with Walnut Vinaigrette
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- For the roasted endive:
- 12 Belgian endives
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- For the walnut vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut off the bottoms of the endive, then cut each one in half, lengthwise. Spread these out on a baking sheet with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt. Make sure that the endives are evenly coated, then arrange endive with the cut-side down. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender and browned.
3. While the endives are baking, make the vinaigrette. Combine vinegar, mustard, and sugar together in a small bowl. Add in the walnut oil slowly, whisking to create an emulsification. Stir in the toasted walnuts, and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer endive to your serving dish, and spoon a dollop of the vinaigrette over top each endive. Serve while still warm.