Carrot Ginger Immune-Boosting Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds medium carrots, peeled and chopped (3 cups)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 and 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups (or more) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute chopped onion until translucent and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger to the pot, saute for about 2 minutes. Add chopped carrots, tomatoes, and lemon peel, cooking everything for about 1 minute.
2. Add 3 cups of stock, then bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially allowing the soup to simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Puree the soup in batches using a blender. Return soup to pot, then mix in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Allow to simmer, adding more stock if too thick. Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.