Curried Cauliflower Rice, and Kale Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups (5 oz) chopped carrots
- 4 cups broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste after cooked
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic, powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil. Toss together to coat the cauliflower.
3. Arrange cauliflower on a baking sheet or dish, then roast in oven for 20-22 minutes until tender. Set aside.
4. Chop veggies, set aside.
5. Place cauliflower in a food processor or blender to break it into smaller pieces. Pulse the cauliflower a few times, so that the pieces are similar to the size of rice grains. Set aside.
6. In a large soup pot, saute chopped onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic for 5 minutes over medium heat until fragrant.
7. Add broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower, red chili pepper, and black pepper to the pot. Bring soup to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, or until veggies are cooked.
8. Serve with a pinch of sea salt, with herbs and crackers for garnish.