Sisley Killam's SPUD Happy Heart Smoothie Bowl
When SPUD asked me to feature a recipe for a happy heart, I was beyond excited. Being the nutritionist that I am, I naturally thought of heart-healthy foods. Okay...beets, berries, omegas, etc. etc. and naturally created one of my favourite things ever - a smoothie bowl. The smoothie bowl has a special place in my heart. To me, it represents self-love. It taught me how to be a mindful eater, placing each topping perfectly on the bowl, and the fact that I could eat "ice cream" for breakfast taught me to see food in a completely different way. I learned how to nourish my body and my heart at the same time. I want to share with you today my favourite Happy Heart recipe, the Heart Healthy Smoothie Bowl.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- For the Bowl
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup cold pressed beet juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- For the Toppings
- fresh berries
- chopped almonds
- shredded coconut
- dollop coconut yogurt
- In your food processor, add the frozen banana chunks and purée until smooth.
- Next, add the coconut yoghurt and beet juice and continue to blend.
- Next add the frozen raspberries, lime juice and hemp seeds and blend until creamy. If it's too thick, add some more beet juice and if you want more of an ice cream consistency, add more frozen banana.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh berries, coconut, a swirl of coconut yoghurt and chopped nuts. This is the best part because you get to be creative - which makes for a happy mind and a heart! Get your creativity flowing.