Rainbow Falafel Balls
Falafels may not seem like something you need to be making at home, but these delicious little balls will find there way into everything. Flatten them and top with a poached egg for a twist on the benny, throw a handful in a salad, or go traditional and serve in a pita. We've amped up the flavour, nutrition, and cuteness by mixing in beet juice, turmeric, or spinach to make this rainbow version.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 398ml can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup beet juice or shredded beets
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tsp turmeric
- coconut oil for frying
- Mix chickpeas, onion, and garlic, cumin, and salt in a big bowl. Mash together and empty into a blender or food processor.
- Blend on pulse until the mixture is combined. Some lumps are ok.
- Divide the mixture evenly into three bowls. Add spinach to one, beet to another, and turmeric to the third and work though until each bowl has an even mixture .
- Form mixtures into small balls - roughly the size of a ping pong ball.
- Fry in about 2 inches coconut oil in a deep pan until they brown.