Rhubarb BBQ Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2-3 large stalks of rhubarb, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
1. Add chopped rhubarb to a medium saucepan with ¾ cup water. Bring everything to a simmer, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until rhubarb is very soft. Pour everything into a bowl and set aside.
2. Add a drizzle of oil to the same saucepan, and cook onions on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients (including the cooked rhubarb), and allow everything to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
3. Puree in the blender until smooth.
4. Use on grilled meats, baked beans, or on burgers.