Sweet Potato Falafel Burgers
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons each tahini and Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 vegan buns
1. Use a fork to poke holes in two sweet potatoes, then microwave the potatoes on high for 8-10 minutes.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, add chickpeas, garlic, cilantro, quinoa flakes, tahini, chili sauce, lemon juice, cumin, and salt to the food processor.
3. When tender, slice potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, and place inside the food processor. Pulse the mixture a few times until it is chunky.
4. Form ¼ cups worth of mixture into balls. Recipe should make about 16. Set aside.
5. In a nonstick skillet, heat up oil over medium-high heat. Frying only a few at a time, add balls to the pan, flattening them slightly. Cook for between 2-3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. If pan is too hot, reduce heat to prevent burning.
6. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oven to 375F and bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Toast buns, and garnish with your favourite burger toppings!