Butternut Squash Miso Soba Noodles
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 2 cups water or stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soba noodles
- Green onion chopped
- Shiitake mushrooms cooked
1. Chop butternut squash into chunks. Add diced onion into a large pot with oil. Cook for ten minutes until the onions begin to caramelize, then add garlic and cook for a minute. Stir to avoid burning or sticking.
2. Add the butternut squash chunks and coat evenly before adding water or stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the squash has softened.
3. As the soup cooks, prepare a pot of boiling water and add in soba noodles. Cook according to package instructions.
4. In a pan, dry saute shiitake mushrooms or with very little oil on high heat for 5 minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend butternut squash soup until it is smooth. Add in miso and minced ginger and blend until smooth again.
6. Pour into a bowl then top with soba noodles, green onion, shiitake mushrooms, and seaweed.